Call for presentation abstracts – Closing date: Extended until October 15, 2018
Please note: Presentation abstracts should be 200-300 words in length.
- Abstract submission
- Abstract notification
- Presenter Registration
Researchers are invited to submit abstracts and papers on the following topics:
- Where in the world is the Pacific: deepening, resetting and recalling the boundaries of the Pacific
- Mobilities: contemporary interpretations of the transformation of people, policies, and money
- Sustainable development and enterprise opportunities: connecting niche markets to global supply chains
- Pacific innovations: research, technologies, and strengthening the capacity of communities
- Pacific environments and extractive industries: managing land and natural resources
- New research modalities in the Pacific: working with Pacific structures and influence
- Pacific ethics of research and care: expanding relationships, procedures, and processes
- Energy, resilience and sustainability in the Pacific
2. Abstract submission
When submitting an Abstract, you will be required to provide the following information in the Portal
- Abstract title (should reflect the content of the presentation)
- Name and affiliation of the corresponding (presenting) Author
- Acknowledgement that the presenting Author will register and attend Oceans and Islands
- Presentation abstracts should be 200-300 words in length.
- Abstracts must be written (or copied into) a text box capture and be no longer than 300 words.
Early submission of abstracts is recommended. The closing date is October 1, 2018
3. Abstract notification
Authors will be notified of the outcome of the review process on October 14, 2018
4. Presenter registration
Please note that if your Abstract is accepted, the presenting author will be expected to register as a conference delegate. Failure to register will result in removal of your presentation from the conference programme.